Ever since the trailer of Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s thriller ‘Babumoshai Bandookbaaz’ has been out, everyone is talking about how this actor is killing it with his exceptionally brilliant acting prowess. Nawaz plays a sassy serial killer who loves his job as much as he loves to ‘make out’ with women. The recently released teaser of the movie is replete with jaw-dropping scenes and we’re turning curious about this film every time we watch it.
But here’s the trouble.
Since this film — like all films — will be taken to the CBFC headed by the sanskaari Mr Pahlaj Nihalani, some very interesting scenes from the movie might not make it to the final cut. That is because that ‘snip snip snip’ sound of the CBFC’s mighty axe may not be pleased at the sight of these glimpses from the teaser. Sad, but true. Here are those scenes….
1. This scene wherein Nawazuddin is making love to a woman may not be able to see the light of day.
2. Do we need to iterate how Mr Pahlaj Nihalani — despite breathing in the current century — hates the glimpse of a lip-to-lip touch? Now, what will be the destiny of this liplock, only the gods know.
3. In this particular scene, Nawazuddin probably passes a lewd or a dirty remark at this woman, at which she instantly slaps him. We’re pretty sure the censors are going to use their axe on this dialogue too.
4. The Indian Censor Board often fumes at scenes wherein cleavages are exposed, and man and woman are exchanging sexual remarks or actions. Hence, this scene too from the first teaser of Babumoshai Bandookbaaz may not be able to land at the theatres by the time we go to watch the film.
5. This one’s funny. Nawazuddin is seen paying a sex-worker after she does her job. The moment she takes the cash and is ready to leave, the actor slaps her butt in a lustful manner, at which she turns and gives him a killer stare. Unfortunately, this scene too might not ‘pass on a decent message to the audience’ as per Mr Nihalani, and his unforgiving axe might do its daily job – of chopping down ruthlessly.
Check out the trailer here….
Babumoshai Bandookbaaz, directed by Kushan Nandy, releases August 25.