It’s no less than a fantasy that a film is running successfully in theatres even after completing 23 days. In an era of multiple films vying for the audience’s attention, Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma’s Sultan is continuously punching and winning. Much stable in its 3rd week, Sultan has collected 1.05 crores on its 4th Thursday and now stands strong with a grand total of Rs. 293.80 crores at the Box Office.
Inching close to the much expected Rs 300 crore mark, here’s how Sultan’s numbers are astonishing…
- The first Bollywood film to have the highest Wednesday collections with Rs. 36.54 crores
- Also, the highest weekend grosser ever in Bollywood by making a massive Rs 105.50 crores within 3 days
- Having earned Rs. 180 crores within 5 days of its release. Sultan crossed lifetime earnings of blockbuster grossers like Bajirao Mastani, Dabangg 2 and even Bodyguard and Tanu Weds Manu 2
- Raked in Rs 230 crores in 9 days at the domestic level
- Made in a budget of Rs 90 crores, the total profit earned by the film is 202.75 crores
- Its profit percentage stands at a staggering 225.27%
- The highest grosser of the year so far, overshadowing Airlift that collected a total of 127.80 crores
- The first Bollywood film to have fought piracy, as it has grossed in close to 300 crores despite getting leaked a day before its release.
Now, the question is whether Dishoom (John Abraham-Varun Dhawan starrer) that releases today, boots Sultan out of the Box Office race or whether Khan continues to knock out all the numbers in the Bollywood ring?