They are finally going to tie the sacred knot today, i.e. 7th July 2015. Here’s running you through all the major details about Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput’s wedding!
1. The wedding venue is going to be Mira’s farmhouse in Chattarpur. A grand after-party will follow at a Gurgaon hotel.
2. Pre-wedding ceremonies such as mehendi and sangeet have been planned to be close family affairs.
3. Shahid took care of all the details so far as his wedding invites were concerned. From its colors to the ink used to the peacock motif – everything was minutely supervised by the actor.
4. While Shahid had to apparently cancel his bachelor bash in Greece owing to his packed schedule, Mira had a bridal shower-cum-bachelorette party at her Chattarpur farmhouse earlier this year.
5. Shahid will be donning 10 different outfits, designed by his designer friend, Kunal Rawal. Mira’s trousseau has been created by Anamika Khanna. The duo’s attires will be color co-ordinated for each occasion.
6. The leader of Radha Soami Satsang Beas will be present at the wedding to bless the couple. Interestingly, Shahid and Mira met at a satsang.
7. The menu at the wedding will be strictly vegetarian, as both the families are devoted followers of Radha Soami Satsang Beas. However, Indian and continental cuisines will be relished at the after-party.
8. There will also be a special stall of a variety of Jaipuri paans at the wedding.
9. There won’t be a honeymoon for the newlyweds, as Shahid has work commitments to fulfill.
10. And finally, there will be a grand reception in Mumbai on 12th July.