You must know the little superstar-in-the-making, Harshaali Malhotra, from Salman Khan’s Bajrangi Bhaijaan a little more!
1. She may have piqued our attention now, but Harshaali Malhotra didn’t face the camera for the first time for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The little girl began working when she was barely two. She has featured in some television commercials and TV soaps including Jodha Akbar, Qubool Hai, Laut Aao Trisha and Savdhaan India.
2. Interestingly, Harshali played Salman Khan’s Maine Pyaar Kiya’s leading lady Bhagyashree’s daughter in Laut Aao Trisha.
3. Apparently, filmmaker Kabir Khan had auditioned about 5000 girls before finally selecting Harshaali to play his Munni in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
4. Harshaali felt really shy before her meeting with Salman Khan. But the two hit it off almost instantly. The little girl asked Khan to make her a superstar just like him, which impressed the actor.
5. Before Bajrangi Bhaijaan happened to Harshaali, she had already bagged a small role in Sooraj Barjatya’s Salman Khan-starrer Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. But when Kabir Khan’s project fell into her lap, her mother, Kajal Malhotra, requested Salman to replace her in PRDP, since she didn’t want her daughter to do a miniscule part after playing a central character in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
6. Contrary to her mute character of Munni in the film, Harshaali is a chatterbox in real life. She is so talkative that during the workshops, Mukesh Chhabra, Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s casting director, feared how she would deliver her performance in the movie.
7. Harshaali would sit on Kabir Khan’s lap and play Barbie games on Salman’s phone, on the sets of Bajrangi Bhaijaan. She also played table tennis with the actor.
8. Harshaali is an extremely emotional girl. She would cry seeing action as well as emotional scenes, during the filming.
9. Harshaali shares a good rapport with Kabir Khan. Whenever she didn’t get the script or was confused as to what she was supposed to do in a particular scene, she would directly approach the director and understand the situation.
10. The seven-year-old Harshaali studies in Mumbai’s Seven Square Academy, in second class.
11. Harshaali is fond of singing and dancing, and as mentioned above, wants to become an actor when she grows up.
12. Her mother insists that Harshaali will continue acting for the next 3-4 years, post which, she will go on a sabbatical and fully focus on her studies before taking up acting as a career when she completes her education, if she shall intend to.
13. Katrina Kaif is Harshaali’s favourite. Luckily for her, the actress visited the film sets during the shooting of the peppy number, Aaj Ki Party Meri Taraf Se. Kat chatted with Harshaali and clicked pictures with her.
14. Harshaali has a long list of actors she would like to work with, including Salman Khan again, Katrina Kaif, Sonakshi Sinha, and Shraddha Kapoor.
15. Harshaali loves chicken. She simply enjoyed shooting for the Chicken song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.