Ashley Greene’s condo is set to be completely gutted after a huge fire broke out on Friday (22.03.13) that killed one of her dogs
Ashley Greene’s condo is set to be completely gutted after it went up in flames on Friday (22.03.13).
The ‘Twilight Saga’ star – who is devastated after an unattended candle started a fire in her living room, which resulted in the death of one of her fox terriers – will reportedly have to find a new place to live temporarily as the apartment and four other units in her building undergo restoration.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the damage is so significant, the 26-year-old actress’s property will have to be completely gutted and new walls, ceilings and flooring need to be fitted.
Four other condos also suffered moisture damage in the blaze, which spread after the candle set a couch on fire, and need to be worked on.
Ashley, her brother and unidentified boyfriend were sleeping in the condo at the time of the fire and they quickly fled the apartment before realising that her two dogs were still inside.
Fire fighters were only able to save one of the dogs.
The neighbours in the unit directly above also had to be evacuated.
It was recently reported that Ashley is dating Ryan Phillippe after the pair were spotted leaving LA club Vignette Lounge together.
The actress – who has previously dated Joe Jonas and Chace Crawford – previously admitted she struggles to find a relationship because of the nature of the industry, and sometimes thinks moving back to Florida would be her best option.
She said: “Dating is a hard, hard thing when you have this job.
“Sometimes I wish I could just go back to Florida and, like, date my home-town boyfriend.”