Lindsay Lohan is set to go on trial next week as she will not be offered any more plea deals from prosecutors.
The 26-year-old actress – who is charged with lying to police about driving her car during a crash last June and previously declined deals that would see her go to jail for 45 days, rehab for 90 days or be placed under house arrest for 90 days – is reportedly still confident she will be acquitted as prosecutors prepare for her trial next Tuesday, March 19.
A source close to the case told gossip website RadarOnline.com: “A plea deal in the case isn’t going to happen unless Lindsay comes to her senses. She refuses any deal that will send her to jail or rehab. She is confident that she will be acquitted of the charges of lying to cops. Lindsay‘s attorney, Mark Heller, and the prosecutor have reached an impasse in the talks, and Terry White, the Los Angeles City Attorney handling the case, is now in full preparation for the trial. The key witnesses, including the passenger in Lindsay‘s car that day, Gavin Doyle, and her bodyguard, have all been told they can expect to testify in the case next week.”
While her lawyer was initially confident he could make a deal with prosecutors, Lindsay was previously said to be eager to go ahead with the trial.
Even if the former ‘Mean Girls‘ star is acquitted, she could still go to jail for up to 245 days for violating her probation, which she has been on since July 2011 after being found guilty of stealing a necklace.
The actress is required to appear alongside her lawyer in court next week.